About the Birkman Method
The Birkman Method, a valid and reliable personality profiling and career development tool, that is scientifically developed over 65 years. It is based on the ‘Big 5’ model of personality and combines behavioural and occupations assessments.
What is different about the Birkman Method
The Birkman Method is a tool that is proven to give you deep and consistent insights and it is unique because:
- It is the only assessment that explores our underlying needs and the relationship to stress.
- Combines behavioural and occupational data in one assessment to look at how we work as well as what we are interested in doing in our work.
- Examines personality and perceptions of ourselves in social settings to assist self- management and awareness of other people
When to use the Birkman Method
The Birkman method is a tool that can be applied to many situations where individuals and groups want to achieve the highest level of insight on motivations, perceptions and behaviours of a person. Here are five key areas of applications in the workplace:
- Leadership development – understand motivations of self and others as well as how other people see you to be able to look at the world through different lenses.
- Teambuilding – predicts approaches on communication, conflict and decision making and creates a common language to understand all members’ preferences.
- Talent selection/recruitment – explore motivations and behaviours relevant to specific careers or roles. (assuming that the tool is used as part of a complete assessment process that includes the interviews, resume and references to assess the candidates, relevant experience and qualifications)
- Career and personal development –understand motivations and interests as well as managing stress to find best fit occupations and create strong communication skills.
- Sales / negotiation – awareness of sales styles, motivations and needs of you and what questions to ask your client to understand their needs.
As a Birkman Certified Consultant, Sue Daniels has over 12 years of experience in assisting our clients to develop successful careers and apply their learning from their Birkman assessment to all areas of their lives. In particular, organisations have engaged Sue to support executives and potential leaders in their personal development as a leader and improve their people engagement skills.
Contact Sue Daniels on 0417 331 162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help your organisation’s needs today.