Our Expertise in Type Assessment
As certified Type Trainers with over 30 years collective experience, we facilitate interactive and engaging workshops using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) or the Majors™ across Australia. Our clients included national retailers, global pharmaceutical companies, engineering firms, not for profits and educational institutions.
Our facilitators are all certified in the MBTI® Step I & II as well as the Majors PTi™ and PT Elements™ personality profiling tools. One of our facilitators is the only MBTI® Step III certified user in Australia. Type is a highly regarded tool used to gain insights into personal preferences of ourselves and others. It has stood the test of time and is utilised across the world for a variety of professional development purposes including career planning, team building, stress management, executive coaching, conflict resolution and leadership development.
Type training is one of the wonderful professional development programs that employees truly value and apply to their work life years after the training. Click on the following link to learn more about the history of Type and its value in people development today.
Type Programs (MBTI / Majors PTi or Elements)
- Introduction to Type & Communication (step 1)
- Advanced Type Training for Professionals & Executives (step 2)
Other programs we offer include:
- Using Type to Manage Stress & Build Resilience
- Self-Awareness, Teams & Communication
- Leveraging Type for Selling & Building Client Relationships
- Mastering the Art of Challenging Conversations with Type
- Using Type to Develop Managers & Leaders
- Creating a Values-Driven Team Culture
- Empowering Employees to Manage Change in an Agile World
The Benefits of Type Training
There are many benefits to using type in personal development in the workplace. Here are some key reasons why our clients request our services:
- Expands each employees’ level of self-awareness and fit to their role
- Facilitates more effective and authentic communication between team members
- Leads to more effective and productive teams as individual differences become celebrated and leveraged
- Reduces workplace stress and minimised potential workplace conflict
- Provides a reference point and shared language to defuse conflict, should it arise
In addition to using type assessments in our 1:1 coaching program, we offer a tailored approach to your Type training based on your team’s development needs and their awareness of Type Theory.
All participants must complete an online type assessment before attending the workshops. Starting with the initial workshop on the Introduction to Type & Communication, here are a range of workshops that we have designed to focus on common workplace need
Initial Workshop – Introduction to Type & Communication Workshop*
This is the crucial first stage in the Type learning process. Before the workshop participants complete the agreed MBTI® or the Majors™ profiling assessment online and they receive their individual reports during the workshop. Every effort is made to ensure that every individual is satisfied with their results before proceeding to the second stage of the workshop, learning to apply type in the workplace.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn about the theory of MBTI and the 16 personality types
- Develop a greater understanding of their individual type
- Learn more about their natural strengths, work style preferences and areas for potential development
- Develop an understanding of the different personality types in their team
- Discover a language to communicate more effectively with one another
- Leverage a new framework to develop an action plan for increasing workplace communication and strengthening workplace relationships
Participants learn from personal insights, sharing and discussing the concepts, case studies, role plays and a range of exercises to simulate realistic work life situations. In this way participants leave the workshop with an action plan to apply their Type insights in their work place.
*Typically a half day workshop. Full Day Workshops & Programs for Work Retreats can be tailored to your needs.
Advanced Type Workshops
Once your team has completed the initial training, there are a number of applications of this awareness. Advanced workshops will truly embed the learning from the first workshop and help your team to substantially increase their personal effectiveness in the workplace.
We offer workshops (minimum of 2 hours) on a range of challenges to overcome in the workplace. Here are some examples.
- Using Type to Manage Stress & Build Resilience
This session explores stress and wellbeing in the workplace. Then explains how awareness of individual Type can be applied to identifying stress triggers for each participant. This session will assist the participants to create their action plan to manage stress in their work and personal lives.
- Mastering the Art of Challenging Conversations
This session helps the participant to expand their understanding of their type and how to apply it to difficult conversations and conflict resolution. Participants will be introduced to a model that builds awareness of the impact of conflict and a process on how to resolve it for a variety of Type preferences. Participants will then more adaptable and effective in resolving a variety of challenging situations.
- Using Type in Developing Leaders & Managers
Leadership roles are often sought as a career enhancement. This workshop explores current leadership theory and challenges in the workplace. Then, helps the participants to identify their best-fit leadership style and how to adapt to other styles, where needed.
- Leveraging Type for Selling and Building Customer Relationships
In this session, participants will build on their knowledge of type to improve their effectiveness of their selling and relationship building styles. The participants learn how to apply type theory to the four-stage selling process. The aim of the session is to help participants to better understand their client needs and improve listening skills to build trusted relationships and ultimately, increase sales.
Training can be adapted for your organisational needs and staff numbers. We can provide training fee quotes as requested.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are trademarks or registered trademarks of the MBTI Trust, Inc., in the United States and other countries.
“Thank you for facilitating last week’s offsite. It was a very engaging and informative session that perfectly integrated our vision and mission with our group dynamics. I am sure the team would agree that we all gained valuable insights into the facets of our induvial personality types and how we can best use these understandings to enhance how we work as a team.” Executive, National Retail Group
To discuss the Type Training options for your organisation’s needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (0417 330 673) or email@example.com (0417 331 162) or complete this online form.